Monday, April 6, 2009

EarthQuake L'Aquila, Abruzzi Italy

With tears and sadness I publish the following:

It was 5am in the morning, I was awakened from a text alert on my cell phone from a dear friend in Rome, Italy. The message read:" I'm anxious to know if you are ok and hoping that your family and friends are ok". I didn't know what she was talking about. So then I replied:" I'm fine but what do you mean by your message"? She replied: "There has been a devastating earthquake in the Abruzzo region, in Italy". "We felt in in Rome as well".

I immediately phoned my husband's family and friends to find out that everyone was ok. Including my parents and sister who instead live in Rome, Italy. Rome is about 70 miles from L'Aquila.
Then when I turned on the television and in seeing those images, which for me is very hard to explain, I was and still am in shock. I cried most of the day.
I've been to L'Aquila so many times, and seeing such a small and beautiful medieval city destroyed in 2 minutes, it's heart breaking. Still now I can't make sense to all this.

My heart and prayers go to all the victims and population of L'Aquila. Please join me with your prayers.

She'sDaily.com contributor Alex Roe published an article on his Blog
EarthQuake L'Aquila, Abruzzi Italy



Mara
ShesDaily.com